I'm supposed to be ovulating this week? Any suggestions?

Hi! I will be out of town this week on business and DH is going with me. I will be bringing my ovulation kit with me. I did the test this morning and the second line was very very faint so I know it's going to get darker this week.

Is there anything else I need to pack to help things along or to help getting pregnant like lube or anything? I have heard of a lubricant that assists the sperm to the egg but not sure if it works.

I'm feeling extra pressure I guess. My best friend called yesterday and she is pregnant with her 4th. Geez! She is very bubbly about it and I am happy for her, she is a great mom. But I'm trying and I'm batting 1000 here. She's not trying and oops, pregnant. I sound like a horrible friend to be jealous. I'm sorry. I want things to go well and I'd love to be pregnant. I never understood that level of stress till now.

Advice please.

lilbit022009

Asked by lilbit022009 at 8:44 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• NO LUBE. YOu don't want to change your natural body chemistry. Bring him and his sperm. Don't try to hard and only have sex ever 3rd day. So if you do it Monday you do it Wednesday night then again Friday night. Relax, enjoy and don't think about it. The more pressure you put on yourself the less likely you are to conceive due to the stress. NO LUBE just your own natural fluids.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:46 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• if any lube use "Preseed" if not then NO LUBE... all the other lubes hurt the little swimmers!!!
    sunshine89

Answer by sunshine89 at 8:47 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• well actually it works better if u stop trying. u just hav sex lik u normally would and u get preggo. thats how it happened for me. but ive heard that if u raise ur butt off the bed a lil with a pillow or something it helps because of the angle. idk if it works but its just a thot. and hav sex the day the line is darkest in the morning. and then amybe again in the evening (depending on ur sex drive) hav sex every 2 days or so and u should hav some luck with it.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 9:08 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I know how it feels to be jealous, you're completely normal in feeling that way! Just try not to think about it and it will happen... trust me. :)

baby dustBaby dust to you!

bethany_smith

Answer by bethany_smith at 9:31 AM on Apr. 14, 2009