confused about how many weeks I am?

I'm due November 30. I'm getting the e-mail newsletters from babycenter.com and whattoexpect.com. babycenter tells me I'm 7 weeks and whattoexpect tells me I'm 8 weeks. I'm not sure which one is more accurate? which one is correct?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your about 7 weeks and 1 day. Some sites go by the first day of the last period and other sites go by the last day of it. So if your period was Feb 23rd you like 7 weeks and 1 day. You first ultra sound will give you a better idea and then your 20 week one will also give you an even better idea. Mine changed by 5 days at the 20 week because she was underweight for her length.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:59 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I'd go with the date of conception from your doctor. With my first pregnancy I had gotten confused easily with the book what to expect when I would read ahead and notice I was experiencing symptoms that were "further ahead" than what gestation I was. If it were me I would go with 8 weeks.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 9:00 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I would go with the 7 weeks, personally... but whatever. :) If you got an early u/s for dating go by what that says. LMP is less accurate and based on a 28 day cycle, but some women have 35 day cycles etc.

Any u/s after the first trimester is highly inaccurate for dating because genetics come into play then. Some babies are bigger/smaller than average. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:18 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Girl don't worry about it. You never really know until that first ultrasound. With my daughter I was 12 weeks when I went in and came out 10 w 4 d! I don't know what happened that cycle but she came right around her extended due date.
    bethany_smith

Answer by bethany_smith at 9:26 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• babygaga.com, they have pregnancy tickers
    Anonymous