What does he think after 20 years?

The Obama's are looking for a home church in D.C. After spending 20 years under Rev. Wright, picked by Michelle, what do you imagine going through their minds as they now start to attend a real church without hate, racism, and militant leanings?
When they hear sermons given by respectable Pastors will they see the difference in what they've been listening to all these years or do you think they would rather attend a Wright-type church?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Maybe as President, the first family should actually not have any personal relationship with any single church and should visit different churches each month. After all, I see no reason to discrimate since he made such an effort to suck up to every religion in every country he visited during the Apology Tour!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Oh, they'll go to whatever church they're "supposed" to attend, and attend only when there is a photo op moment. They're motivated by polls...just like The Clinton's.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• frustrated

Oh my gosh the longer this idiot is in office the more I hate living in America! Bush has NOTHING on this dooshbag in office! Bush did what he had to do in the face of terror, now Obama is just going in and changing s*it around thinking he's making some huge difference and he's f*cking things up worse! Geez, Bush didn't have us in the crapper this bad!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Why don't you post your question in Religion&beliefs section.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• anon 9:25 how does your response answer the question,lol?!?! But I believe they will find a church that is fitting to them.
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 10:14 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• this anon is just so bitter. negative questions all the time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I think he is pissed he has mostly white church's on the approved list to attend. Michelle looked pretty miserable at services Sunday, like she had a hemorrhoid that needed some tending to.
    OH wait, those were the Biden's sitting next to them huh? Now I understand completely.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 11:32 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• anon1031
    OH that is good. very good indeed.
    akinbottom2

• They will go only for appearences. They will sit, smille, sing the songs, and make a photo op out of every attendance just like the Clintons. They will not buy anything that is being said because they "know the truth" and what they are hearing in the "white" church is just propoganda! This is the reason people have a problem with their sincerity. The Bush's went to exactly the same type church they had their whole life. The Obama's are having to adjust to fit into the Washington sene.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:12 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• How the FIrst Family chooses to worship is not my business....

Or where...

Or when....

Or even if they go at all....

WHO CARES?

As long as my President is upholding my American ideals, then I'm backing him!

And Anon:25 "Bush didn't have us in the crapper this bad" WHATEVER! He sooooo screwed us up, over and sideways! But, I'd be willing to let it go and leave the comments behind if only people would quit talking so much trash about the current Pres!

Go Obama!

ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 1:28 PM on Apr. 14, 2009