The economic numbers today show Americans are not spending, are you saving your tax refund?

There is bad news with the economy today, and the tax refunds are being hoarded for bad times or paying bills.
Should you spend your tax refund or save it, or pay debt? The tax refund season used to be a boost for spending, it's not happening and the economy is getting worse under Obama.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Well since Obama has run around preaching doom and gloom for his first 99 days, what do you expect people to do with their tax refund?
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 9:08 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• LOL. Our tax refund is gone already. Spent most of it on bills and got a few things for the kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Yah think?! Yes, we are saving the money we earned--a fraction of which is being returned to us, as we have bills to pay, and children to care for. We have always only purchased things as we need them--not because we suddenly have money burning a hole in our pockets!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:07 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Saving it, OP. NOT hoarding. I've done my share of spreading the wealth for now. I want to see some other's take the helm on that. I will be needing mine to pay for the cap and trade fees that will be imposed on me in the near future. I fall in that 'middle class' Obama promised to help out, so I expect to be feeling his brand of help soon.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:12 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Refund, what's a refund? We're picking up our finalized taxes tonight and I'm not looking forward to signing that check. :/
    smalltowngal

Answer by smalltowngal at 9:15 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• We're spending. But we're also paying things down considerably.

Just bought a trampoline for our kids, several new books from a local bookstore, loads of groceries from whole foods, veterinary care for a cat we're fostering...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Yeah we're spending it... on my school loans! lol Sorry Obama... didn't go to any stores this year!
    bethany_smith

Answer by bethany_smith at 9:20 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• We invested a little, spent a lot, paid off bills, opened a savings account, and planned a graduation party.
    4kidsandadog

Answer by 4kidsandadog at 9:21 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Quinnmae, you hit the nail on the head.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 9:26 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• i saved a good chunk of mine.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:33 AM on Apr. 14, 2009