What can you do with 1.2Trillion dollars?

By tomorrow, the American citizens will turn over 1.21 Trillion dollars in federal taxes (only) to the government. Are you ready or not to say you have had enough?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't care about paying taxes. They are a part of life.

What I care about is the reckless government spending, the pork projects, the people who are supposed to be REPRESENTING us getting rich on the backs of the American people and signing laws they haven't even read. The stealth legislation getting slipped by as a stimulus and slowly regulating away our freedoms.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:20 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I could buy myself the presidency with 1.2 trillion, and have a little pocket change left over! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• yea sure what do you want to do about it?
    Anonymous

• Hmm... Pay for about 1/6 of the Iraq war.

Honestly, though, do you really expect to not pay any taxes? How do we pay for things like defense and education?

Sorry but taxes are inevitable in every developed country in the world.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 10:11 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I have no problem pay my fair share but we don't pay our fair share we pay much more. We make 107k a year which is nice but after all the payroll taxes, utility taxes, gas tax, sales tax and all the other taxes we pay during the year we don't have 107k to spend on our needs. Homes in our area are 300k so we are having trouble finding a home we won't be slaves too. My husbands bonus check came last week it was 12k we only got 6k after taxes. My husband worked long hours to get that bonus but he only got to keep half seems wrong to me.

I watch our hard earned money go down the drain because our Presidents and Congress don't give a flying fig about any of us. We are sick of waste and being told Daddy Government knows how to spend my money better than me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• lovingangels, I applaud you...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:30 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

It all depends on how much your taxes are. We don't want to pay taxes to help those who will not help themselves. Taxes will be raised and people will be giving a lot less to charities. People are giving 40% less to charitable organizations than last year.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 11:22 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• It is going to get worse. Legislation is being presented to allow us to sue the Federal Government over global warming if you feel you have been "injured" by it. They haven't even actually proven it exists. There is a group of scientist who have proven the mean temperature has gone down - that's COOLING. Anyway, how many people do you think will suddenly claim an injury and collect their $75,000? Better yet, who will pay for it. I know; I know - you and me.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:04 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Anon "We make 107k a year which is nice but after all the payroll taxes, utility taxes, gas tax, sales tax and all the other taxes we pay during the year we don't have 107k to spend on our needs."

Well, cry me a river! We make half of that and you don't hear me griping because we can't afford a $300k home. Get over yourself and realize that everyone pays taxes and there ARE people in this world worse off than you that spend just as much (if not more) on taxes than you!

If we don't like the way our tax dollars are spent, then we as Americans need to do our part in electing better officals and changing the system.

If you aren't part of the solution, then you are a part of the problem!
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 1:17 PM on Apr. 14, 2009