I want to adopt a baby,but not sure my partner feels the same.

We are a lesbian couple and have been together for almost 6yrs.We have a 13yr old daughter that lives with us.We also have a 15yr old daughter and a 9yr old son which are my partner's ex girlfriends kids.we get them everyother weekend,some holidays and most of the summer.I want a baby so bad,we have tried to concieve but i can't get pregnant.So I want to adopt.My partner says she does too, but I think she is just doing it because I want it so bad.Everytime I try to talk to her about it she just says she wants to wait.I would really like some advice PLEASE.

skysmom16

Asked by skysmom16 at 9:27 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• Can she have a baby? Why cant you conceive? Is there a medical reason or just failed attempts? Have you looked into the agencies and done research as to how long it will take, how much it will cost and everything else. Maybe if you bring it to her prepared to show her how serious you are she will get serious as well. How old are you? Is there a big age difference between you two? She may not want another infant if she is older seeing as the other children are much older. I would look into the agencies and talk to her about it after you researched them and see what she says. Find out how she feels and go from there. Once you have the information she may change her tune. Good luck with everything and I hope you get the baby of your dreams. :)
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:34 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Well, no matter what you decide, you BOTH need to be 100% on board with the idea or it will only cause resentment. I would sit down with her in an attempt to REALLY find out how shes feeling and what shes thinking. It sounds like you are not really sure. Get all the cards out on the table and go from there. Wait until you both can be on the same page about it. Don't be in a hurry because you don't want to leave her behind in the decision making. Good luck.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:53 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• She does not sound 100% like she wants to adopt.
    I adopted my daughter at birth, and you have to both want to do it.
    Maybe she feels that she already has alot on her plate.
    This is something that you want to do, but please realize that you both as a team, and lovers need to want to do this together or it is not fair to the child.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 10:09 AM on Apr. 14, 2009