Did you give your OB a gift?

I didn't. I figured the paycheck he was getting was enough :) But I actually didn't realize people gave them gifts til I saw it on a baby story on TLC

amy31308

Asked by amy31308 at 9:44 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No, its their job to deliver babies!! I agree, I think a paycheck is enough!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 9:45 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I didn't give mine a gift either, I did give a surgeon a box of chocolates though after he got done getting cancer out of me.
    IRA871

Answer by IRA871 at 9:49 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• no, then again i never saw the same doc each time, so the thought never occured to me
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:51 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• the only thing they would get is a kick to the head from me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• The OBI had broke my last babies collar bone when he turned him... I haven't seen him since and my son is 5... Needless to say I changed Dr.'s.... So no gift, not for my first 2 either... They make enough money!
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 9:58 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• My "gift" was the fact that he has delivered 5 children for me. Two of whom were c-section which is way more than a vaginal delivery. I am sure he has a nice boat somewhere that I pretty much paid for lol.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:24 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I did! I was thankfull for the way he cared for me... and if you find out how much insurance pays ur OB you'll be surprised! I was shoked that they cover hospital stay $8.000 and OB gets so little!
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 10:36 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Oh yea! and since it was christmas day I also got a big basket of baked goods amd chocolate for the staff.... Its a golden rule" If you wanna be taking care of, take care of people first"!!!
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 10:44 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I paid my bill. I figured that was "gift" enough.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• My second was born around Halloween, and so we got candy and put in plastic witch cauldrons for the hospital staff and a bigger chocolate assortment for my doc. First kid, we didn't get them anything.
    MagicToenail

Answer by MagicToenail at 10:52 AM on Apr. 14, 2009