Im about 15 Weeks & having alot of side & back pain is that normal? Is there anything i can do about it?

I am new to all this & I've been having ALOT of back, mostly in my lower back, & in my sides. I just wanted to know if there is something I could do to help ease the pain w/o taking anything. I'm trying not to take any pills or such during my pregnancy, but if thats my only option then so be it. :/

NewMommy2588

Asked by NewMommy2588 at 9:47 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Look into shoes with proper supports. I worked at an animal shelter the first 5 months of my preg. I was on cement floors all day, or bent over cleaning a cage. My back and sides hurt awefully. Good shoes, and trying to avoid activities that cause back strain (being on your feet alot, bending over or lifting things that are too heavy..) will help your back stop hurting. Muscles are being stretched to accomodate your baby. There will still be some degree of back pain, it is normal to an extent. If it's really bad, talk to your doctor about what you can take.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 9:55 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Your body is changing shape, and your muscles and being pulling it will go away. Your back has a lot of stress on it during pregnancy so I recommend back rubs as much as possible and keeping your back in a good position when laying. Your body will go through this stage again around 28 weeks and then again about 36 weeks or 37 weeks before you deliver. Your uterus is connected and the more it stretches the more you will feel it. Tylenol is okay in small doses but not daily.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:57 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• http://pregnancy.healthguru.com/content/video/watch/100093/Pregnancy_Weeks_13_to_16_Month_4

This is a great site it will tell you everything thats going on at this stage in your pregnancyand what you should be expecting. I hope it helps
    pregnancyHG

Answer by pregnancyHG at 12:30 PM on Apr. 14, 2009