Please Help... This is making me sick..

Okay So I am a foster mom and I have these two boys ages 4 and 9 sharing a room together. They are brothers. The breath stinks so bad that it in the morning the room smells so bad I want to puke and the smell lingers in my house!!! What can I do!? It doesn't help when they brush their teeth...and I don't have to was their bedding every day!! any suggestions!? Its so gross....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• maybe you should take them to a dentist
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:49 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• yeah I agree... i'd take them to a dentist that just sounds sick.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 9:50 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• ditto on the dentist thing, try mouth-wash if you can't get them to a dentist.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 9:52 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Dentist first, then consider a doctor - halitosis is sometimes a symptom of something else.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 9:54 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• OP--- Have have been to the dentist several times. I have taken them to specialist for all kinds of things and no one seems to believe that they have a real problem. Im about ready to scream.. guess I will just continue to wash wash wash..and try mouth wash..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• take them to the doctor and then mabya dentist because it might not be teir teeth it could be stomach problems i met people like thta before they have bad breath but it has nothing to do with if theyu brush their teeth or not its their stomach. so go to the doc.
    chukuku

Answer by chukuku at 9:57 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I was thinking about parsley because it helps, but check out this website to see if you can try some of the options it offers: http://www.health911.com/remedies/rem_badbr.htm. Looking beyond teeth, look at their diet. Also, if they are in foster care, stress may be a factor. Good luck~!
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 10:03 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• This probably isn't it, but when my sister is "dieting" (hardly eating) the room she teaches piano in at my mom's house smells funky from her breath. Just a thought, but I'm sure you feed them so that's not the problem. But maybe since they don't eat through the night it can cause the same effect?? I don't know...

Maybe try having water next to their beds at night, even with a little lemon in it. That might helps wash down some of the smell. I never drank water at night until I started sleeping with it by my bed.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 10:08 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Get a new Dentist. Chronic bad breath is not "normal" but it could also be their diet or some gastrointestinal issues as well. Just keep looking for answers. Thank you btw for opening your heart and home for children in need.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:42 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Dentist or doctor. Get mouthwash that is made for kids, it contains no alcohol and isn't strong tasting but does work. Make sure they brush their teeth right before bed and brush their tongue. They could be sleeping with their mouths open which can cause bad breath. Not sure what else to tell you.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:50 AM on Apr. 14, 2009