TTC Question

I just gave birth 2 months and 1 week ago.. But I'm ovulating today.. I've heard that you were more fertile after giving birth and I guess I'm just wondering.. Has anyone tried to get pregnant in the time youwere most fertile.. If you knew when you ovulated , and not gotten pregnant? How long did it take you to get pregnant after giving birth? BTW, my son died shortly after birth from being born too premature.. (My last dr was a piece of crap)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I started trying 10 days after I had my daughter and she is 7 months today. your body will let it happen when its ready to happen. You are more fertile but that doesn't mean pregnancy will occur if your stressed out. I took ovulation tests and we still didnt get pregnant with the tests and fertility pills. Sorry to hear about the loss of your son. Grief does things to your body that you can not control or explain so if your trying good luck but your body may not be ready or your mind.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 10:00 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I would recommend some counseling sweetie. sorry for your loss, but it's just not healthy for you to make a statement blaming it all on the doctor unless he/she induced you early for no reason at all.
    having 2 children back to back like that is very rough on your body! As your ob/gyno and they will tell you when your body is ready to have another baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Oh, honey...I'm terribly sorry for your loss. While you may be more fertile, your body is not ready this soon. Having been through a loss, I understand wanting to feel "whole" again. Usually your doctor will tell you to wait at least three months. I got pregnant 4 weeks after an early miscarriage though.
    kara_g.

Answer by kara_g. at 10:02 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• It was the Dr's fault.I kept complaining of pain.. Bleeding, and I kept telling him I was having fevers, and he said it wasn't high enough to be an infection.. turns out, I had a bladder, kidney, liver infection.. And the baby was so infected that his kidneys shut down too.. So yes, it was indeed the dr's fault. if he had listened to me when I was tlaking, instead of assuming, I am stupid.. I would still be pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I'm sorry that you're doctor was a jackhole. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your precious son. You'll get pregnant when you're body wants you to. {{HUGS}}
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 2:22 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Hey, listen to me.... first of all you should have sued the hell out of that doctor. Isnt your baby worth fighting for? Next you find a good doctor and this is how you will know, they are always better safe then sorry. They will bring you in any time you have pains or dont feel the baby move or what ever your concern is it will be there top priority to get you seen.I have a damn good doctor and she stayed with me untill 1am untill I gave birth, she was not on call that night so she went out of her way to make sure that I had her there.Not to mention she has 6 children and she was back and fourth all night coming to see me and going home.You find a good doctor and stop stressing out so much cause the truth is that this will cause you not to get pregnant so move on to the nextstep if you want to be pregnant again.Good luck to you and Im so very sorry that you had a pos doctor that should have lost his liscens in the first place.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 2:51 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• sorry to hear about ur baby boy....yeah u can get prego right after u give birth....ur cervix is more open then before....if uve had a vaginal birth.
    Anonymous