hello moms... do you know if you can dye your hair after doing a chemical straightner??

i dye my hair every few months and it just washes out for some reason it wont hold in my hair, but it never damages my hair ever. and i did a chemical straightner a like two days ago and it looks really good. now i want to dye it. what do you think?

krstqt123

Asked by krstqt123 at 10:03 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Im a hairdresser....you really should wait 2weeks! Good luck!!!
    ToberzMama

Answer by ToberzMama at 10:17 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• generally you should wait at least 2 weeks between chemical processes just so you don't fry your hair with all the chemicals, but if you really want to then go for it. it's your hair.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• no b/c it will interfer w/ the straighting chemical... The dye chemical will open you pores back up and it can make your hair very frizzy and also make it more volunerable to split end b/c it is so sensitive right now
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Apr. 14, 2009