Period question

Has anyone experienced something like this????

I am BF my 8mo old baby. I got my period back when she was 3.5mo old and it has been pretty much every 28 days since then.

Last month my period was really short and light. I got worried that I was possibely prego(even though we use protection) and I took a test and it was negative. I just had another period and it was also short and light. It's over now, but I'm still cramping and having backache.

Anyone else have this????

I am thinking maybe I should see my doc, but I have a tendency to overreact with these kinds of things. I had an ectopic pregnancy in 2005 and I'm always really paranoid something is wrong.

Anyway, please, if you have a similar experience or even just think I'm crazy, let me know!

Paesana82

Asked by Paesana82 at 10:07 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Health

• Maybe you have a UTI or kidney infection, see your doctor and drink lots of fluids!
    monkeyberry

Answer by monkeyberry at 11:16 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• it's always safe to see the doctor if you have questions, but when breastfeeding periods are usually always short and light atleast they were with me both times.
    WhatevaItTakes

Answer by WhatevaItTakes at 10:38 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Quite frankly, I am one of those woman who have never been regular. I was 4 months pregnant with my first before I knew it because I continued to have light periods while pregnant wiht her. Oh did I mention that I took a home pregnany test also and it showed up negative. So I went to the doctor when my right side started hurting and their test came back posotive. And they rushed me to hospital fearing I had an eptopic considering this was my normal doctor and they didn't have an ultrasound machine. But thankfully, everything was fine and it turned out I just had large cyst on my right ovary which has since shrunk and is no longer a problem. But, I would tell you it's better to be safe than sorry later on. So I would go ahead and go.
    sarah2309

Answer by sarah2309 at 12:49 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Thanks for your replies! I think it was a UTI. I drank tons of water and now I feel a lot better!
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 11:50 AM on Apr. 16, 2009