Is this just a "phase"?

My little woman has been residing reeeeeaaaalllyy low in my abdomen, uterus, whichever is right...
lol- (first timer here, using technical terms is still foriegn to me)
and It's very inconveniant and painful! When she's there I cant stand up or move w/o experiencing awful pains that always result in tears and usually end in me plopping to the floor however far I made it to my original destination, till I can poke her enough and make her move :/
Mind you she has never done this before, has never even been one to venture that low, till recently- like a week max this has been happening...

any thoughts?
Will she eventually quit doing tis and give me a break?

MssBlckEyeliner

Asked by MssBlckEyeliner at 10:13 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• how far along are you?
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:17 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• i would say if you are more than 35 weeks along you are probably experience what they call lightening. which is the baby lowering herself near the birth canal getting ready for the big arrival you will probably begin braxton hicks contractions soon. and sometimes they can be a bitch. stay off of your feet as much as you can keep your feet propped up because soon you will be on your feet 24 7.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:28 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• yeah my son always pushed his head on my bladder and made sharp pains go through it! i agree its probably lightening. but always call your doctor and let them know what is going on. you can never be too careful
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 10:32 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• OH SORRY! I really thought I put that in there...
    I'm about 25 weeks now...

and I think I have experienced a few braxton hicks already...

THANK LADIES!
    MssBlckEyeliner

Answer by MssBlckEyeliner at 10:39 AM on Apr. 14, 2009