i still sleep with my baby and she is almost 2. I cant help myself its the thought of her being all alone at he other end of the house what should i do.

spamanette

Asked by spamanette at 10:17 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Honestly, keep doing it if you are both comfy and happy. It's not an issue that many make it out to be and who cares if she's 4 or 5 and still doing it? I don't care, you shouldn't either! :)

If you don't want to sleep in the same bed, you can bring a bed in your room for her! :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:27 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• start off with the toddler mattress on the floor by your bed. Gradually move it out of your room. She will do fine. If you worry much get a video monitor and keep connected that way
    BoobooHealer

Answer by BoobooHealer at 10:21 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• So, my son slept with me till after he was in school. As long as she "can" sleep without you. Let her keep on. My son spent a week at camp and a month at my dads. So, I knew he could, ut, he also wanted to sleep with me so I let him.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:22 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• you should try to stop it now while he is still young because you arent going to want him to sleep with you when he get 4 or 5 he is still going to want to. and might still want to when he is older then that. i know its hard but he will be ok. get a baby monitor and you will know if he wakes up. and a night like worked too with my son. good luck let me know how it goes! :)
    krstqt123

Answer by krstqt123 at 10:22 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• My daughter is almost 2 and I still sleep with her also. I really don't think it is bad. My boys slept with me when they were little too and they turned out fine. I would just wait untill you feel comfortable with switching your toddler to his/her own room.
    shannonH12

Answer by shannonH12 at 10:25 AM on Apr. 14, 2009