potty training for 3yr

how do I get a 3yr pold to sit on the potty he knows and tells you when he is going but refuses to sit on the chail

gilbert389

Asked by gilbert389 at 10:27 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• thats what my son did and i put him on the regular toilet it took a little while but he go use to it. he is going to be 4 in july and after he turned 3 it took like two months for him to get use to it. he still has an accident every once and a while but he makes it to the bathroom and knows where he has to go.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• If it is a boy- let them stand :) It is the only thing that worked for my son. Have dad get in there with him - it was the only thing that worked for my kiddo :)
    jessicasea

Answer by jessicasea at 10:41 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I have a 3 year old soon to be 4 year old daughter who at times still refuses to use the potty. She knows when she has to go but I tihnk part of the reason she will wet in her pants or poop in her bedroom is that she wants to be stubborn.
    sarah2309

Answer by sarah2309 at 12:08 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• It was difficult to potty train my son, but the golden advice I would be able to give you is SKIP THE PULL UPS! My son went from using Pampers Cruisers to wearing Spongebob on his underpants. It is important to allow your son to feel comfortable with the throne he will discover is way better than wearing pampers. If he doesn't want to sit down on the seat work around that when it comes to the peepee. LET HIM STAND! Make it fun for him to stand and pee. Make it fun to go potty standing up, drop a cheerio in there and have him "Aim". As silly as it may seem it works! Also keep in mind that the loud sound of the flushing might worry him a little and that can be a reason he doesnt feel too comfortable sitting down yet!
    MayaGomez23

Answer by MayaGomez23 at 12:10 PM on Apr. 14, 2009