loosing weight while pregnant.

I am about 12 weeks pregnant. I weighed at 186 on my first visit. I told my doctor that I am constantly throwing up and with diarrhea. They did not prescribe me nothing. I am still throwing up like 10-12 times a day. I weighed myself yesterday and I lost 7 lbs. Should I be concerned or maybe the baby will fill in the fat. I am overweight for my height. But I will find out from my doc next week. Any suggestions. I've tried Emetrol, mints, sea bands. Nothing!

Prican91181

Asked by Prican91181 at 10:35 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no a lot of people lose weight. go back into your doc office and demand that stuff that you put on your wrist! dont let him say no!
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 10:37 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• i was the same exact way it took a month for my doctor to prescribe me some pilld that wouldnt hurt the baby so i could actually eat. - i lost a total of 20 pounds my first and part of my second trimester. the pills i dont know their name but they saved me.
    ldc90

Answer by ldc90 at 10:38 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• The stuff you put on your wrist? What is that? I have the sea bands? It doesn't work for me.
    Prican91181

Answer by Prican91181 at 10:38 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• It's normal.. ALOT of women lose weight in the beginning, it's nothing to worry about until you start losing a pound a day or something like that. Your baby isn't being deprived or nutrients right now, because you are not keeping alot of things down.
    PeytonsMom21109

Answer by PeytonsMom21109 at 10:38 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• oh and to help morning sickness. lay in bed and nibble some crackers and drink some juice. get out of bed slowly and dont rush it
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 10:39 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• If you are overweight you don't ant to gain more than 15 pounds during your pregnancy- loosing weight is okay- BUT your DR can prescribe something for the thowing up- DO NOT pepto though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I literally had pains in my stomach today from being so hungry. I was able to eat 2 blueberry pastry strudels, the frozen ones but my stomach hurts a little.
    Prican91181

Answer by Prican91181 at 10:40 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• its a medicine that you rub on your wrist. i didnt use it but it worked wonders for my friend. i dont know what it is called. hold on i will google it lol
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 10:40 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I also always lose weight in the first trimester. My doctor told me just to be careful and it is fine as long as you don't lose 10% of your body weight. So that would be about 18-19 lbs for you. Since you're out of the first trimester you'll *hopefully* be feeling better soon and be able to put back on the weight. If you are just too sick to handle life (that's a lot to throw up in one day) call him and ask if you can be put on anti-nausea medication. GL!
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 10:40 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• This isn't all that unusual. I'm sure you doctor will keep a close watch on it. I hope you start feeling better soon.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 10:42 AM on Apr. 14, 2009