What are some family activities that you do with your children?

I was looking at the fisher price website for some fun family activities to do with my kids. I have two step boys (6 and 8 y.o) that need some more family fun activities in their lives so I was wondering what you all do with your kids and how old they are. My youngest is so easy to play with. He's 10 months and is very very active.

OneChance

Asked by OneChance at 10:38 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My kids and I perform in community theatre productions every winter. We all have a great time and it is really good for their self esteem. My kids are 10 and 12, but we started doing this when they were 7 and 9. You probably wouldn't do this with a baby, but the older kids might really enjoy it.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 10:41 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Oh that's easy! just pick what you like and ask what they wanna do, combine and make it fun!
    My youngest is 4month so like you said it's easy with him, and my step sons are 4 & 8. So we usually go to a park on sunny day, botanical garden or local zoo. they also enjoy circus and broadway shows for kids, museams , and movies (specially 3D) :)
    hope that helps!
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 10:50 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• oh and they also like going out to eat like grown ups lol
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 10:51 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Board games if they are into them, try getting them in sports or scouts etc. My kids boys included like just about anything, heck even baking cookies.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:58 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• My two boys love to play board games. My husband and I will play with them. They love Operation, Candyland, Chutes and Ladders & Hungry Hungry Hippos. I love getting to be a kid again.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 11:08 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• We have family movie night every Sunday night. We watch either a movie on Cartoon Network or one of the movies we own for kids. Always kid oriented. We also have game night, we play board games or cards, my kids love Uno. During the summer, we swim, camp, hike, and fish. That's all I can think of right off the top of my head.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:24 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• We have a 12, 6 and 5 yr old, all boys.. We take them Wheelin in our big jeep cherokee... I will be taking them fishing this weekend, and other than that we go to the movies, work out in the yard, swim in our pool off and on all Summer... We just bought our 12 yr old his first Jeep, he and his Dad will be taking the engine out, rebuliding it, changing the suspension etc... It's a great Father son project, and they have plenty of time to do it...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 11:25 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• We kick the soccer ball around and play frisbee with our almost 4 year old daughter. Trikes and bikes are always fun too.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 12:20 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• My dream came true this past christmas. When I was able to bake christmas cookies with my daughter. She was 3. And I discovered that she loves to cook. So now she helps me cook. Even if it's just putting the carrots in the salad or helping spread cheese on top of a pizza she has a lot of fun doing it and I have a lot of fun doing it with her.
    sarah2309

Answer by sarah2309 at 12:45 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Our daughter is 13 we… play board games, swimming, boating, fishing, hunting, hiking, playing music, walking the dogs, fore wheeling…
    Bear777

Answer by Bear777 at 1:01 PM on Apr. 14, 2009