Does your child's daycare help you potty train your child?

Do you see a progress in your child's training when they get home. Do you rather do the training yourself only?

diamondmamma

Asked by diamondmamma at 10:40 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• The day care probably does the bulk of the work since she's there all day. we will be starting next month when she goes to the two year old room. Yippie!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• it's more effective if the daycare assists with potty training, tell them your schedule and they will work with it.
    WhatevaItTakes

Answer by WhatevaItTakes at 10:41 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• It is much more affective when the center helps. I have worked at many centers, and the majority had policies that potty training was NOT helped at the center until the child was alteast 2 years old. Group potty training is an awesome tool to get kids potty trained. We did potty charts and when the child filled their chart, the picked a small prize. When they were fully trained, the got a certificate and a bigger prize. We made huge deals out of kids going potty on the big potty.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:48 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I would think they should cooperate. If you have some strict routine, or the child's not quite ready, it might be hard for them, but as far as "normal" potty training goes they should be more than happy. My 10 year old was trained mostly at daycare when he was 2 1/2. I worked 40+ hours a week and he showed interest there that he didn't show at home. "Miss Betty" (his favorite teacher) bought him his first pair of big boy underwear. They were wonderful with it and I would hope most daycares would be.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 12:05 PM on Apr. 14, 2009