I NEED INFO ON VAXING AND SELECTIVELY VAXING...ANYONE WANNA HELP??

I vaccinated my DD who is 5 and we never had any problems. My DS is 4 months old and due for his 2nd round of shots tmrw. I did the 1st round reluctatly (sp). I just feel like there is sooo much hype about not vaxing and it really has me nervous.

Why did you choose to not vax or vax selectively?? Wich vax is it that they think causes Autism?? Please help me out..Im totally on the fence. I dont want my baby to get sick, but I sure dont like the idea of putting all those toxins into his little body either...

PLEASE DONT BASH ME!! IM JUST TRYING TO GET SOME INFO.

MadsMom04

Asked by MadsMom04 at 10:45 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ok, here's the thing! Vaxing your child is the safest and BEST way to go. There is NO proof that it causes Autism at all. Would you rather avoid vaxing and have your child get a life threatening disease and die..or would you be willing to take the chance if it even is linked, at your child getting Autism which they will recover from at a greater rate then any of the diseases out there that children NEED to be vaxed against. Think about all the immigrants coming into your Country that are carrying diff thing's that they're children might not be vaxed against and could carry something and past it to your child in School etc in the future. The only ones I'm avoiding are the shot's they give at 12 months...I'm giving them to my son who is now 10 months, I'm just separating them so he doesn't have all 3 at once.  The right thing to do, is to protect your child against all the diseases out there!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• LOL. Anon sure does know how to quote the CDC and use scare tactics hahaha. That was such a humorous read!

Anywho, the vaccine book by dr sears is a great resource. We don't vaccinate at all but the BEST thing to do is hold off on ALL vaccines until you can fully educate yourself on what you feel is the best choice etc. MANY of the vaccines are pointless to get, seriously. I mean, chicken pox and flu are just a couple. Hep. B is one that shouldn't be given to an infant especially. There is tons of research out there, and you need to take it all in. That's what we did. I got her 2 and 4 month vaccines and her reactions to those sets made us stop until we did more research. She's over two and has been vaccine free since and has been sick twice... and has not contracted anything that you vaccinate against at all.

My best friend is 22, completely un- vaccinated and has never had a vaccine *preventable* disease.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:24 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I think the anon above hasn't looked into what we are vaccinating against. Your child is more likely to develop a negative reaction to the shot then to contract the diseases, let alone DIE from them. Natural immunity for many of the diseases is more effective then the vaccine.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:25 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read.php?post_id=1444732&posted=1

Is a journal I have written. There is a list of questions to answer before making a decision to vaccinate your child.

We personally delayed with our first and then after I researched more I decided to quit altogether and my second has had none. I do not live in fear anymore and do not regret our decision at all.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:57 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Join the group called educate before you vaccinate, and they can answer many of your questions. Don't vaccinate until you are fully confident in your decision. none of my kids will be vaxed at all. DD has not had one, and she's only had two minor colds in all her 13 months of life.
    here is the ink:
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/37382
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 8:22 PM on Apr. 14, 2009