What would you do if you had to write a check for the taxes you paid?

Anonymously only. If they did not take money out of your check like they do.
I would have write a $69 Thousand check

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Money & Work

• I'm not sure I understand what you are asking?
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:49 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Thats some serious cash, OP>you must have a NICE salary.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• About 45k. Then we pay sales tax, taxes on utilities, gas and many other taxes out there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I don't have a checking account, so I guess they wouldn't get paid? lol jk I would get them a money order, but wow that sucks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I, too, have to pay taxes... but mine only amounted to about 4,000.00.... Are you sure you are figuring that correctly? That sounds more like your salary.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• We do pay very high taxes because we do not have right offs. But that does leave us broke. And I do mean broke.
    This is why the working class get so angry when they raise taxes.
    If you make under 50k you are ok, but over that you pay hard. And it is hard to see all the money go to pay for government mistakes. When you need it yourself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I think I'd move to a different country before April 15th... better start packing :D
    No just kidding- you can write the IRS and tell them you'll make payments on it. I think the interest rate is low- not terribly low, but it isn't going to bust the bank. KWIM?
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 4:27 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Seriously, if you owe $69,000 to the IRS because you didn't have anything withheld on your paycheck, you must have a MEGA HUGE salary. Like around half a million huge.

Are you asking how much in withholding you owe to the government on a $45K salary? There's a calculator at the IRS website: http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=96196,00.html
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 6:14 PM on Apr. 14, 2009