Tubals, pregnancies, and miscarriges.

Has any one ever had a tubal and then at some point in time after they got their period regular, gotten sever pregnancy sympotoms, a late period, and a positive pregnancy test, just to start their peirod 4 days late?? With a period that is bright red vs the normal brown, and slightly heavier than normal?? Does this mean that you are higher risk of actually getting pregnant and having a full pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Health

• If you had a positive pregnancy test after a tubal ligation, you need to see a doctor right away since the risk of ectopic pregnancy is higher if a tubal ligation fails. Having bleeding does not necessarily mean a miscarriage, it could be sign of an ectopic or else just bleeding during pregnancy (which can and does happen.) Please see a doctor asap- ectopics can be fatal if untreated, it is a serious health risk!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 12:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• No. Your period can vary from month to month on color and flow. It depends on how much cleaning out it is doing. If you have a lot of build up it can be brighter and if you don't have that much its usually darker. You can get pregnant no matter what color it is or the flow and you always have a 50/50 chance of getting pregnant and carrying it full term. If your test was positive I would contact my doctor and have them do blood work. My sister had her period the first 3 months of each of her pregnancies.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 10:53 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Wow, I always figured that since I had never gotten a period in any pregnancy, that if I did get pregnant after a tubal I wouldn't have a period at all either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Apr. 14, 2009