I don't understand what's happening, it feels like my son has dropped lower in my uterus?

I'm only 30-31 weeks but he feels REALLY low all of a sudden and I don't understand what's happening i'm terrified that I may go into pre-term labor

1st_time_mom855

Asked by 1st_time_mom855 at 10:56 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• babies move up and down, don't worry...
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 10:59 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Im 24 weeks. I have never felt before because im not there yet but I do know that you feel pressure in your uterus the last couple weeks.

ohbaby4678

Answer by ohbaby4678 at 11:01 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Don't worry he has just moved and will move again. He is enjoying the last little bit of space he has. Soon he wont be moving that much at all.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 11:11 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I was worried about that too- my OB said it was from where my uterus was like a 'hammock' and baby had just sunk into a low position. It comes and goes every few days... last night I had to take my pants completely off because baby was SO low down in my pelvis, even my panty band was uncomfortable to deal with.
    If you notice any unusual vaginal discharge, THEN you might have reason to worry and should call your OB or midwife.
    MamaCarterof5

Answer by MamaCarterof5 at 11:45 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• http://pregnancy.healthguru.com/content/video/watch/100097/Pregnancy_Weeks_29_to_32_Month_8

This is a great place for information. Here is their video on your stage in the pregnancy maybe it will give you some clues and let you know what to expect from this time in your pregnancy. i hope it helps.
    pregnancyHG

Answer by pregnancyHG at 12:09 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I'm 27weeks and my baby seems like he dropped in the last week too. It looks like my belly is smaller too, lol.
    Anonymous