please help

my 8 month old has done nothing but scream today. He wants to be helf but he doesn't want to be sitting standing or laying down. He wants to move with me holding him which I have no idea how to do, he doesn't want me to just be touching him either, holding him.
He has been screaming for hours now. He has a clean diaper (no rash) he is fed. He refuses to be still long enough for any type of nap.
I have no idea what to do I am at my wits end and I am starting to freak out.
Please help me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Has he been pulling at his ear? Could be an ear infection maybe? Maybe he is teething. Is there a fever? If you need to put the baby in his crib and walk away for 15 minutes. Go outside where you cant hear the crying and calm down. Then go back and take care of your baby.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 11:00 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Has it only been today that he has been acting like this? Could it be teething still? Maybe constipation? Or he could just be over tired! I dont know girl! You are the only one that knows your LO the best! Good Luck!
    1timemommie

Answer by 1timemommie at 11:03 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• When my son does this he always calms down when i take him outside... so maybe try that
    mommy2b17MV

Answer by mommy2b17MV at 11:26 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• At this age, he won't be pulling at his ear because of an ear infection. But it could be an ear infection or teething or just wants mommy. Take him for a walk and see if he calms down. When you hold him, if you hold him laying rather than sitting does he scream? Laying down with an ear infection can cause lots of pain. Is he still eating?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Apr. 14, 2009