What does this mean?

Obama:

"And I want to be very clear that we are resolved to halt the rise of privacy in that region"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZGW2TF1olA&feature=player_embedded

Freudian slip? Isn't the whole point of the teleprompter to avoid gaffes. So did he really mean this? Why was Bush mocked up and down, but with Obama it's just another slip up? Ohh, He's tired. Always and excuse with Obama. But no jokes. Is there anyone who thinks there isn't a Double Standard with ABC/NBC/CBS news? They (and others) had no problem mocking Bush.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Cut him some slack. He's not used to working! He is inexperienced, slow to catch on, and tired. Give him a break. I think there should be a learning curve for the Presidency. I mean really. Give him a chance.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• The No President Left Behind Act: Coming soon to a government near you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Obama gaffs are overlooked most of the time. He makes many of them. I remember when he said 10,000 people died in the Greensburg tornado in Kansas. There are not even that many people that live there. He also "forgot" how many states there were. If Bush had done either he would have been crucified and a game would have been made. I think many are afraid to make fun of him because he is black and are handleing him with kid gloves to avoid being called racist.
    Anonymous

• LOL.. Obama is the lifelike animated liberal puppet. You can't expect him to think for himself. Hence the teleprompter... Teleprompter's AND puppet's aren't perfect. They are only as perfect as the script that is written for them. I don't think this President has an orginal thought.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:05 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I voted for him, but that man WAS NOT meant for public speaches. I have laughed a few times watching him speak. Bush was no better, but at least his slip ups were HILARIOUS!!!! I laughed so hard at that man, at least he was funny up there . I havent seen an inspirational speach since Clinton. He was very good at public speaking. It's really not an easy thing, I would look like i had mental problems if i ever had to give a speach....LOL!!!!! They played that on fox news about 5 times this morning! They are really trying to work that "privacy" thing.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:07 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• It's called the continuation of warrantless wiretapping the liberals hated so much during the Bush years. hehe
    And Obushma plans on expanding the new rules.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 11:09 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Bush had done either he would have been crucified and a game would have been made.

are you kidding me? Bush WAS SO crucified for everything! even though i didn't vote for him, i felt bad at how stupid everyone thought he was.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:09 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• oh get over yourselves, he said piracy. that is just his local dialect shining through.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I missed that that is funny LOL halt the rise of privacy... we'll alrighty then.A free pass? You don't say!
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:12 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• oh get over yourselves, he said piracy. that is just his local dialect shining through

do you really thing he said piracy, or are you being sarcastic? It sounded like he said privacy. Anyway, he really needs to start memorizing his speached & not reading them. C'mon Obama, it can't be that hard.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:13 AM on Apr. 14, 2009