need advice for losing weight fast..my marriage depends on it:(

i am a stay at home mom, i will admit i have been gaining weight and i want to lose it. my husband is a skinny little thing and he eats nothing but junk so that is what i have to buy at the grocery store and by the time i get all the stuff he wants i don't have the money to get healthier stuff. this morning he told me that he is no longer sexually attracted to me because i have gained weight. i need to know what i can do to lose the weight and get my husband back. i love him to death and do not want to lose him. i really need some help here. i am up chasing after kids and doing household chores daily and i suppose that is not enough to keep from gaining. i am just such a mess right now and so confused i just don't know what to do. i feel horrible about myself. please help me.

busymamma503

Asked by busymamma503 at 11:10 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• First of all. Losing weight the right way, won't be fast. It didn't show up ovenight, it won't leave overnight. Secondly, if he truly loved you like he should, then he would encourage and help you, not belittle you. Maybe you should try counseling firtst to get back on track. And furthermore, if he truly wanted to help you, he would buy healthy food and eat it too. Not eat junk and tell you he's not attracted to you anymore.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:13 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Well if he loved you he would love you in any shape or form. Loosing weight should be done for YOU and not HIM. You can start walking and work up to running, cut back on fatty foods and fried foods, eat yogurt and healthy snacks, avoid bread. You can also try ACAI BERRY and the colon cleaner recommended by DR. OZ who is on Oprah all the time. You can get a free 30 day trial for 4.99 shipping and handling. Start doing sit ups and things, try pilates. Do it for you, and your kids and wanting to be around for them. Maybe your husband should help you and stop buying the junk food if your eating it as well. Tell him to bad, you need healthy food and his junk takes up all the grocery money.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 11:14 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• first off, I would tell my hubby tough shinikes and start buying healthy foods. even though He is skinny eating all that junk food isn't good for him physically as well. secondly I'd tell him he was being an arse hat for talking about my weight that way and make him sleep on the couch.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Grow some brass ones and tell your hub to shove it! Loosing weight quickly isn't healthy, and you need to start buying healthier foods, If you buy junk, then that's whats eaten.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:23 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I think you can buy healty foods without spending alot of money. Fresh veggies fruit just watch what you eat and eat smaller portions but more a day. Like 6 small meals a day. Drink lots of water. Stay away from pop even diet pop. And try to get some excersise in when you can. You really need some cardio. It will take time. So you will need to be patient. The biggest thing is what you eat and the portions and making sure you get excersice in. So you have kids. I loved doing workout videos with my mom so make it something you can do with the kids they will enjoy it and you can get your excersice in also. And it will keep them active too.
    Nikky0803PAG

Answer by Nikky0803PAG at 11:24 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I would agree and tell him to stop being mean and that all the junk food that you are forced to eat is what is making you gain wieght!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• You need to ask him to support you and help you eat better. Tell him it is so hard to eat right when he has all that unhealthy junk food around and if he loved you he would undersand and make some changes. My husband is very understanding! I did Weight Watchers for some time and lost anywhere from 4-9 pounds a week. It isn't healthy to lose weight too fast. Because I cook, I cook things that are a bit healthier but just cut down on portion size mostly. That way I can still have pizza, cookies, etc. Just in moderation. And he has no problem with it. I also have to buy chips and things for his lunch but I buy the flavors and things I don't like so I don't get tempted to snack on them. My husband actually helps me out. He wants me to be healthy for myself and our family though not becasue he doesn't find me attractive though. If you need any support or anything send me a message. Good Luck! : D
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 11:31 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• You need to lose weight for YOU, for better health. Tell your hubby that his rude comments hurt you and your self-esteem suffers and that won't helpyou lose weight!!! I would say stay away from fast foods and junk foods. Find a website that lists the amount of calories in ALL food and beverages,then write down what you have eaten all day. Add up the calories and stay under the amount needed for you. I am losing weight by staying around 1500 calories a day. I write down everything. Drink water, not any kind of soda or sweetened juices (except real OJ) Walk alot. Do some exercises at home. Stay up and active. Please don't be hard on yourself!!! Good luck and I hope you have good news for us soon !
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 11:36 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I'm sorry, if my husband said anything along those lines I'd punch him in the face. If you love someone it doesn't matter how they change over time he should be in love with you and not your body, that's just shallow. It's hard to stay fit when your a stay at home mom. And your husband needs to start thinking straight.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 11:47 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Ok, Not to sound harsh, but if losing weight is the only way you will have him, then your marraige has deeper issues. This should be for you and your health. Your husband should be SUPPORTIVE of you nomatter what you go through, what illnesses you have, what weight your gain or lose.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 11:48 AM on Apr. 14, 2009