What are the odds of me getting a job . I have my license and it is still current, but i havn't worked as one in over a year.

I have my CNA license and it is not expired. However i havn't worked as one since October of 2007. And had only worked as on for a few months i got licensed in April of 07. ANyways i got it because i wanted to continue on in the medical field and eventually go to school to be an RN. I didn't' follow thorugh and i kept my old office job, then got pregnant so quit aiding part time. Well, now i am looking into a job switch and wanting to work as an aid again. What are the odds a place would hire me since i havn't worked as on in a long time? I am thinking probably not too good.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Money & Work

• i have mine also..I THINK you have to work one day a year to keep it active, I'm not completely sure though. Anyways, I'm sure you could find a job. Only a few years ago, you didn't have to be licensed at all. Good luck on the new job (hopefully!!)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• My husband hasn't done CNA in probably 8 years, but he had hospital experience before that. Applied and told them his license was inactive so they re-instated it for him. I had applied as well, haven't done CNA work in probably 6 years. They were not interested in my CNA but did hire me as PRN (as needed) dietary, laundry, housekeeping. Just depends on the place and your experience lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Probably pretty good considering I'm always seen ads in the newspaper for CNA's and they offer the classes and state no prior experience needed.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 11:20 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• if you look on craiglist or the newspaper you can find CNA jobs or private people willing to pay you to stay with their older family member. My friend does this, she charges like $25 an hour or more
    VIVTWINS

Answer by VIVTWINS at 12:02 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Your cna is still active only if you have a break of 5 years. You do need to have at least 12 hours of in service while employed as a cna each year worked in a ltc.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 4:27 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• It all depends on what state you are in if you are still active. You can look it up online and see if you are still active, and I am.
    Anonymous