Before your water breaks, do you get a weird feeling? Like, what goes on?

Do you actually know that something is going to happen or is it just a surprise?
Do you get a weird feeling before it breaks?
or does nothing happen...and it just kinda breaks?

MissKellee

Asked by MissKellee at 11:51 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i have no clue i was full dialated and my water didnt break lol
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 11:52 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• that sucks WICKED bad!
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 11:53 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• i felt lik a weird kinda painful pop. it was weird lol. i didnt know it was my water breaking until it felt lik i was peein uncontrolably lol
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 11:54 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• http://pregnancy.healthguru.com/content/video/watch/100102/Vaginal_Delivery

This is a really good place to look. It talks about the stages of labour from the very very begining right through to delivery and all the stages in between. I hope this is helpful, good luck :D:D
    pregnancyHG

Answer by pregnancyHG at 11:56 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I didn't know it was coming at all. I got up at 4 am to do another pee break and when I sat on the toilet it just gushed out.
    I remember just looking down and being like "did I just pee that out?" I couldn't tell a difference! It wasn't until I got up and started walking around and water just kept coming out uncontrollably that I realized it was my water that broke and not my bladder! lol
    bethany_smith

Answer by bethany_smith at 11:56 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Personally I felt like I had to pass gas, then I felt a pop and a very nasty gush.
    TiffanyRose06

Answer by TiffanyRose06 at 11:57 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• WEIRD! i felt a pop when i was on the toilet...and the doctor told me yesterday that the babies head is SUPER low...but no fluid came out!!

weird!! and im 39 weeks! due next week :D
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 12:00 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• sounds like maybe yours is tryig to break but babies head is acting like a plug. Mine did that when I had ds #2, they went to break it and said it was already broke just his head was blocking flow...lol
    Anonymous

• It sounds strange... but that morning I woke up and I felt sick. Just icky, yucky... My belly felt like it had been shrinkwrapped. The skin felt tight and it was uncomfortable. I called my doctor and moved up my appointment for the day because I felt awful. When I got into the doctor's office and sat on the table, my water broke! I suddenly had contractions five minutes apart. I hadn't had them before.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 12:52 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• when i was already in labor w #2, i was already having painful contractions, it felt like dd was gonna come flying out of me w no pushing and then i had a nasty gush that lasted almost 30 seconds..
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 5:13 PM on Apr. 14, 2009