What can I do to keep me energized throughout the day?

I'm only barely 6 weeks and I am just sooo tired all day! The hugest problem is that I have never been very good at napping, and if I do fall asleep it takes an hour to get to sleep and then I want to nap for 4 hours and I feel worse afterwards! Especially since my 2 year old does not take 5 hour naps lol
I need some suggestions because I have about a month and half before the exhaustion thing kind of dies out (for awhile anyways).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Up your protiens like peanut butter or eggs, and cut back on sugary snacks. You want to supply your body with good, nutrient rich foods and not empty ones. Think fresh veggies, nuts, beans. If you don't like eating that kind of stuff, check out the book "The Sneaky Chef" at your local library. It's full of tips on how to sneak in the healthy stuff without really knowing that's it's there. Keep on top of your vitamins too! Congrats and hang in there! Sometimes a nice walk around the block would help me relax better at home.
    happy1mom

Answer by happy1mom at 12:05 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• When I was really tired during my first trimester exercising would really help me get some energy (sounds like it would do the exact opposite, but it worked). Also, maybe you would feel better after your nap if you weren't napping so long. Try setting an alarm for a half hour?
    doubleyouteeeff

Answer by doubleyouteeeff at 1:52 PM on Apr. 14, 2009