How was your pregnancy with progesterone?

If you took progesterone with any of your pregnancies, were the symptoms intensified? How long did you take it for? And what form of progesterone did you take...pill, shot, cream, vaginal suppositories?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I took the suppositories with 2 pregnancies for the first 12 weeks each. My daughter is almost 2 and I am currently 7 months pregnant with the 2nd one. I hated it, wish there was another way around it, but ultimately it did what it was supposed to and I am thankful for my babies because of it. It intensified everything, and within 3 days of not taking it, I felt perfectly fine. My Dr actually let me start taking it every other day with this pregnancy twords the end of my 12 weeks because it was so bad. (closely mnitored by blood work to make sure my levels didnt drop dangerously) and it helped some. It also made me have panic attacks. I had to be on meds to keep from throwing up, I lost 10 pounds during the first few weeks from puking. But like I said, I would do it all over again as it did help me to have a healthy pregnancy. I was also told that I was a rare case and most women dont have really bad reactions to it.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 12:04 PM on Apr. 14, 2009