Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DO you know of anyone who helps bipolars with med. insurance?

My husband gets his medical insurance through work which is a group plan. They recently changed policies. Now he has a $1500 deducable, and no perscription coverage. He is bipolar and relies on his meds which are expensive. We cannot afford them out of pocket.

Does anyone know of a company that will insure him affordably?

Answer Question

Asked by SalemWitchChild at 11:53 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Health

Level 23 (15,594 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • You **might** be able to call the actual drug manufacterers that he takes. Sometimes they have programs and discounts for people who use their drugs.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

  • Contact manufacturer. Check with Walgreens and Walmart Pharmacies. Walgreen has a program that helps with the cost of meds. Walmart offers generic meds for $4 a month. There are also programs that will give the meds free or at discounted rates. I can't remember the site but your doctor may know of some. Do NOT let him stop taking the meds. Check with a mental health clinic, they may offer the meds on a sliding scale fee. Children's Service Society offers meds at a sliding scale fee if you use their Psychiatrist. Good luck!!

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:21 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

  • Okay so i had lunch w/ my husband and told him this question! And he says that while he was going to school and worked there too he went to tx work force and they ref him to a doctor, as soon as the doctor diagoses him then the state pays for it! There is defianatly help out there for it!

    Answer by Rosiea81 at 2:14 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.