telling my boss?

ok im 27.5 weeks! i need to tell my boss! i dont ever c her and she just doesnt know. im just not to where i cant button my jeans and im just not able to wear my clothes normally anymore so i kinda hafta tell her. i know i just need to do it BUT i cant figure out how to even bring it up? i usually talk to her on the phone but i will c her tomorrow!

amanda198524

Asked by amanda198524 at 12:01 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Just tell her :) Come right out and say it.
    onyourterms

Answer by onyourterms at 12:02 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• just come out with it. Ask her what company policy is or something. or you can be honest. "I do not know how to start, so here it is... I am pregnant. and go from there.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 12:06 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• You should just tell her. It would be very unprofessional if she finds out from someone other than you.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:07 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• She cannot fire you...i believe if you been working there for 6 months at least..you get paid matnerity leave...and if you been working there since you been pregnant and you continue to work there up until 9 months then u can get paid =P

but you have to tell her! and u cant just use the saying "Better late then never" b/c it wouldnt be good doing it later on lol
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 12:09 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Act like you forgot! When I told my boss, I too hadnt seen her in a while, and when I did, I was just like, hey did you hear, we are having another baby? I cant believe I didnt tell you, I swear I did, sorry! She totally fell for it, and pregnant people are forgetful so I played it off good too.
    Anonymous

• well thats the thing...i work at a daycare and im the only one who works here! its just me! so she hasta either higher someone else or so the work herself! i feel horrible putting that on her! and if she highers someone else? then wat? i no she cant fire me but whos gonna work for just like 306 weeks?
    amanda198524

Answer by amanda198524 at 12:11 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• lol i ment 3-6 weeks!
    amanda198524

Answer by amanda198524 at 12:13 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Well then I don't want to sound rude, you should have told her as soon as you found out so she could hire and train and prepare another person or make plans for herself to be there. That is wrong of you to put her in that situation (not being pregnant but only giving her 3 months to find someone/prepare) Make sure to tell her tomorrow. Just say sorry that I'm just now telling you but I am pregnant and due "whenver it is your due" :) Good luck.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 12:15 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• dont worry about being rude! i totally needed to tell her! but i got the job after i new i was pregnant! i new i wouldnt find work if i told ppl i was already pregnant. i know she wont ming...maybe even b excited? but i just cant seem to do it? illjust grow some balls and tell her 2morrow or even call her today! i just hafta! i know!
    amanda198524

Answer by amanda198524 at 12:18 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• You just have to tell her. She's going to need some notice to cover for your maternity leave. I was really nervous about telling my boss too, but he was very happy for me and very supportive.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:30 PM on Apr. 14, 2009