how many of you are geting cut hours from work or ur hubby is?

my hubby got cut to 32 hours a week and 30 got laid off errrrrr hope we make it!

josalin

Asked by josalin at 12:10 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Money & Work

• My hubby got bumped fromhis old job and his pay got cut $2.10. I was not working at the time, but I went back to work to make up the difference.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 1:38 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• have you ever thought about working from home? visit my website to learn more or you can check out my profile. http://www.FreedomAtHomeTeam.com/sbrement
    Tia23sb

Answer by Tia23sb at 3:18 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• My husband got laid off in december, but got hired on again at another place making $2 less an hour within just a few weeks. Now they are saying layoffs are coming and no one is safe. So I dont know what we will do. It seems every company in his line of work is going out of business lately. Obama needs to get his shit in gear if he plans on saving the economy.
    Anonymous

• Ugh they cut my husband's hours-- it was back in Octoberish of last year. I'm still pretty pissed about it- but it's a night shift, and it allows him to work on some online classes, and get paid, so I don't complain too much. At least he still has his job right?
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 4:29 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I got laid-off in December and my boyfriend got his salary cut by 20% just two weeks ago.
    BingsMommy

Answer by BingsMommy at 5:28 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• More than 100 have been layed off fro my place of work. Now they cut the rest of our hour to 32 and are making us pay more for insurance.
    mama32177

Answer by mama32177 at 6:50 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Well hubby isn't getting his hours cut per sey, but the over time that was pretty regular for him is just not there at the moment.

My hours on the other hand are being raised lol I work part time but the job that I do (work at home) is incredibly busy so we are being asked to increase our hours - has been this way since Feb or so. Now I am a supervisor, as far as regular employees go I dont think anyone is being told to do more hours, I do know that there is an unofficial hiring freeze for us at the moment, but I think that is more out of the fear that things might slow down.
    wyldreams

Answer by wyldreams at 2:08 PM on Apr. 17, 2009