mom jeans

i am a sort of full figured mom..all my weight is in my stomach so when i wear anything i look pregnant...(i am 50)i have a 9 yr old daughter..i think thats half my problem is that i look slouchy..i just dont have any idea what to wear.i dont want to dress old but not real young either.(i will really go with anything that looks good)i can never find anything at lane bryant they dont fit right..any ideas???i like lands end...

raineydays377

Asked by raineydays377 at 12:11 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• yes you can find things that fit and cover our bellies. I have the same problem. You just have to try on a lot of clothing. There is also have spanks and flexies tanks I love to wear under a lot of my shirts.
    Just do not wear pants under the stomach that will make it pop out more.
    There is a show I like to see on TLC it is "what not to wear" good show.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:21 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I like the sears brand of jeans. I am only 23 but I shop in the womens department because I think it is inappropriate for a mom to dress like a teenager. A mom can dress nice and stylish, but that doesnt mean she has to wear the same thing as her teenager daughter.
    Anonymous

• Here's a pretty cool article about dressing for your 50s

What Not To Wear Over 50

PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 12:21 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• i'm almost 12 months post partum and still wear my maternity jeans lmao. either pants go under my belly button and I have that terrible fat pouch, or they fit improperly under the belly and I have a muffin top look. the maternity pants seem to still fit just right for now.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:23 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I really like jeans from Old Navy, and also from Torrid. I'm 31 and I'm pretty full figured lol. I wear 14/15 jeans and the ones from Old Navy fit well. Torrid has some great stuff, however, it is MUCH more expensive than Old Navy.

http://www.torrid.com/torrid/index.jsp

AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:23 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• ya i was watching tlc yesterday and there was a full figured woman and she had a blazer on with one of those new light scarves.she liked sleeveless shirts so they covered them with a blazer.but what about the middle of the summer.n.e. gets awful humid....but hmm the light scarf could cover that...
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 12:24 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Sure girl. There are some new jeans out right now that actually make you look slimmer. I found that JC Penney's has the best selection. I know that Lee and Levi's make the slimmer jeans. However, from experience, just take the time to go in and try on jeans (which usually takes the whole day) LOL! Also, do you have a Cato Fashions? Cato has a women's section and always carries the latest fashions.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:25 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Well you are making me think of jeans that taper at the bottom. Wear jeans that go straight down or have a slight flare you need the bottom of the pants to balance your tummy. Have you looked somewhere like chicos a smaller store where they can help you with outfits? Make sure you don't wear your pants too short also.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:26 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Try a medium to high-rise jean with a flowy tunic top. The rise will keep the tummy in, and the tunic will hide the rise.
    I also agree with the comment about flare/bootcut bottoms to balance out the thighs and midsection.
    Anonymous