Muddy Feet

Our ground has been so wet and one of my dogs kicks up dirt after going to the bathroom. What do you use to wipe paws when your dogs come in? Papertowels are not working for me!

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 12:15 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Pets

• You could dip their feet in warm water and towel dry. My girls have to go through a section of the garage and then into the laundry room where there is a rug at the dog door before they get into the house. Usually that gets the worst of what's on their feet.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:21 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• My dog does the same thing. I have an old ragged towel by the back door. That is his "wipe your paws" towel. When it's rainy or muddy out, he knows his paws have to be cleaned before he comes in. I usually just put some dish soap on a wet paper towel to clean them first and the wipe him down with HIS towel.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:22 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I also have an old towel that I keep in the garage by my back door just for there feet. My dane doesn't usually pick up much, but my golden retriever always has a ton stuck to his very furry feet.
    1and1make3

Answer by 1and1make3 at 12:28 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I have a towel hanging by the door as well. My mutt (before he passed away :'( ) Brutus used to come in the door and step right onto his mat and sit for a minute and wipe his feet before going through the rest of the house. He learned it so easily - he was a very smart doggie :)
    onyourterms

Answer by onyourterms at 12:28 PM on Apr. 14, 2009