Is this a speech about the economy? It sounds more like a defensive maneuver regarding teaparties tomorrow.

Obama's speech he is giving, sounds more like a scared defensive maneuver to pre-empt the tax parties tomorrow and any possible news coverages. This speech was supposed to be about the economy, but it sounds more to me like a big excuse to explain what he has done for the last 12 weeks. Wth?
And most of it isn't even true!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think he tries to explain things for the every day person to understand. People say let the banks fail with out fully understanding the consequences of a major bank failing. Like most politician speeches, there were good parts and bad parts.
    smalltowngal

Answer by smalltowngal at 12:35 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Obama is just a tool.
    Anonymous

• Sounds fine to me. Keep dreaming.
    Anonymous

• I haven't heard it but would not be surprised because that is how he rolls.
    Anonymous

• I swear some peoples inpatience is intolerable!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 12:31 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I know! I wish he would just shut up already!!
    Anonymous

• Did he take credit for the good things Bush did (like Biden did when he talked about the economy)??? I heard part of it where he blamed the econ downturn on the housing market, but failed to mention Barney Frank saying Fannie and Freddie were fine. hrmmm Or the part where Republicnas and Dems tried to place restrictions on Fannie and Freddie to avoid this but his Liberal coherts blocked it... Obama is a puppet. Just can't figure out who has their hand up his a$$ today.. Pelosi? Ried? Frank?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:34 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• ?? OMG do you people not have things in your lives to worry about??
    Anonymous

• Need I remind some of you, that you don't have to watch or listen to anything he talks about... But you do, so you can have something to Bitch about! Its pathetic really.....
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 12:35 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Or maybe we need to know wth is coming out of his pie hole because his actions will effect us all.
    Anonymous