A lot of questions.. i need answers asap

Im 29 weeks pregnant.

I think im in labor. Im having contractions every 9 minutes... and in between them.. i still have pressure down there.

I can feel baby move in between them.
Are you supposed to feel baby move when your in labor?

Is this labor? Or fake?

I lost my mucus plug a couple weeks ago..

Would my baby be okay?

I dont have insurance.. so i havent seen a doc.. exept for the few times i had to go to the ER.
So i dont know if i should go to Labor and Delivery.. or
Call them first.

Please help!!!

mommyofAurora

Asked by mommyofAurora at 12:33 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If the contractions are consistent every nine minutes like clockwork, it sounds very very much like labor to me. Go straight to the ER if you have no doctor, and they will admit you to L&D.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 12:35 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• go the ER now
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 12:38 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• At 29 weeks you shouldn't be in labor, if so something is wrong. Contractions 9 minutes apart are still really far apart. If they were 2 minutes apart then you would be in labor. You won't feel movement when you are in labor. But since you say you lost your mucus plug, and you think you are in labor you need to go to the ER, 29 weeks is way to early to have the baby, and a lot could go wrong if you don't seek medical attention.
    Anonymous

• ER now. NOW.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:39 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• 29 weeks is young but yes the baby will be fine if you get the help that you need right away. it never hurts to call the ER and speak to the advisory nurse, tell her and she will tell you what you should do!!! Good luck!!
    USMC_Elisa

Answer by USMC_Elisa at 12:39 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• So you wouldnt feel the baby?
    So then im not in labor?

And the contractions are 10 min. sometimes 8 sometimes.. but they usually stick around 9. So they arnt consistant.
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 12:40 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• That sucks you don't have insurance but for your sake and the baby's you need to get to the hospital NOW! They can stop labor with meds if that's the case!
    bethany_smith

Answer by bethany_smith at 12:42 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I have still felt my babies moving while I was in labor. They tend to move less but they can still move. Go to the ER and make sure you are not in labor. Your baby isn't ready to come out yet.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:43 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• You need to apply for Medicaid. All pregnant women without insurance get it.
    Anonymous

• Thanks anonymous but i dont have a birth certificate.. and when i sent off for it it got lost in the mail.
    Im now waiting on the second one i ordered. thanks
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 12:45 PM on Apr. 14, 2009