What should I do?

Ok, so this morning when my hubby went out to warm up his truck... he noticed that our creepy neighbor had hung a bird house in a tree right next to our shared fence. Inside the bird house there was a red blinking light, like there's a camera in it! If there is in fact a camera in the bird house, it would record us as we come and go, anytime we are outside, or my kids are out, when we go to our sheds, EVERYTHING! This guy has lived there for about 6 months, and gave me the chills from day one. I even checked to see if he was a registered sex offender, it was that strong of a feeling! One time I was hanging up laundry in my boys room, and had the curtain open. I turned around and he was in his shed made of glass, just starting at me with no exspression. He also pumps my kids for info, like for our phone number, if I got that new job I interviewed for, etc. So what would you do in this situation? Call the police or what? Thanks

msmikkle

Asked by msmikkle at 1:05 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Keep track of Everything he does. Maybe he's Harmles? I always like to think that! But trust your instints, your intution Etc... Always tell your children the Stranger Danger.. Don't Tell Secrets & give out your personal details Etc.... Ask around Etc.. I hope it works out!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 8:21 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Yeah, call the cops and ask them to come out and take a look at it. Tell them everything you've put in here.
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 1:06 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Wow, that is creepy. I would be calling the police immediately.
    1and1make3

Answer by 1and1make3 at 1:08 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Maybe it's surveillence for his house. How do you know it's only pointed at you?
    Anonymous

• I don't know that it's ONLY pointed at me, I don't know what the hell it is...or why it's there!
    msmikkle

Answer by msmikkle at 1:12 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Have your husband ask your neighbor.
    IRA871

Answer by IRA871 at 1:16 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I think that first thing I'd do is ask him, or better yet, have your husband ask him. Not in a threatening way, just a pleasant passing the time and oh yeah what is that light blinking in the birdhouse all about- like this.

Answer by Bmat at 1:17 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I would at least have a conversation with the chief or lieutenant of the police. Ask them for advice...sort of put them on notice. It may be enough to make them run a background check on the guy.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 1:17 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I may sound like a dumbass here but maybe you should talk to him. I know you said he gives you the creeps but maybe he's just misunderstood. Try saying hi to him when you see him outside or talking to him in passing. You can call the police if you want but I think that you should try talking to him first.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 1:19 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I would call the police and ask them what to do. If you talk to this guy, do you think he will say, yeah, I have a teenage girl locked in my basement. Maybe I watch too many lifetime movies but a hidden camera directed at your family is very creepy.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 1:24 PM on Apr. 14, 2009