i have had 2 c-sections, is it posible to have a vbac

my husband and i r talking about havin another baby, i have had 2 c-sections and i feel like i am missing out and would like nothing more to have a vaginal birth, is it at all possible. my 1st c-section was emergency, and the 2nd was planned because my doc kinda scared me into it... i do not want another c-section unless it is ABSOLUTELY necessary... is it at all possible to have a vbac birth

kenzpol

Asked by kenzpol at 1:18 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes it is. Go to youtube and type in VBAC. There is one birth that was an HBA2C (Home Birth After 2 Cesareans). If you plan to VBAC in a hospital, try to find an extremely supportive doctor. Lots of hospitals will not support a VBAC so you have to ask lots of questions. If not, there are VBAC Midwives.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 1:20 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Sure...but let me tell you no hospital here in Fresno CA will let you attempt VBAC unless it's completely an emergency. You automatically get scheduled C section if you're planning on using a hospital. You need to get in contact with your healthcare provider and be aware of policy. Otherwise you might be having that baby on the floor in your room if you really want vbac!
    Anonymous

• Also go to www.icanonline.org- It's a VBAC information site! You'll get addicted to it and to the youtube videos from other women. They'll build up your confidence amazingly high!
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 1:25 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• i have had 2 c sections but had 4 vbacz after wards. it used to be once you had one you had to have all done like that but then the rules changed but now they seem to be changing back. i went to one dr and was told the hospitals policy was to have me have a c section since i have already had them. i said no way and found another dr that is with another hospital that won't force me to do what i don't want. so now i can have the vbac i want. do your research and see what hospitals policies are regarding c-sections. youi might have to switch dr's then but who cares.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Having a VBAC is a good idea, but its not always safe. How long it has been since your last c-section, how well you have healed, and the types of incision yopu had will all be questioned. I know how you feel because I have had 2 c-sections my self, and the doctors told me they had no problem letting me do one, but it is most safe after 4-5 years since your last c-section. Just try to find a good doctor, and let them know your intentions. Dont let them tell you no right away, but if they have good reason for concern, listen to them. GL!
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 1:47 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• It is very possible and my doctor even encouraged me to do so. Thankfully in my case though I didnt want a VBAC and just scheduled the c-section. When they cut they realized my uterus was extremely thin and it most likely would have ruptured. I would just have an ultrasound done towards the end of your pregnancy or even during labor just to make sure your uterus wont rupture. Good luck in whatever you choose!
    Anonymous

• Along with a VBAC comes risks, but so does a repeat. Weigh the pros and cons of a repeat c-section VS a VBAC. It is possible to deliver vaginally after two cesareans but a lot of doctors either will try to talk you out of it or won't do the VBAC. I'd recommend a midwife. They are more VBAC friendly. But yes, find someone who will do it and go for it. I've had one c-section and do not want another next time. But I've done my research and hope to have sucessful VBAC in any future pregnancies.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 2:09 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I would recomend a waterbirth. One can have a successful vbac.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 2:40 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Generally a repeat cesarean is riskier. You CAN have a vbac. go to ican-online.org, find a midwife in your area or a vbac supportive doctor. (midwife is the better option usually). Pauline, who is on here a lot, just had her 2nd VBAC, AFTER 2 cesareans. Her first VBAC was a homebirth, as was her second :)

celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 2:54 PM on Apr. 14, 2009