getting on my nerves!!!

i have a 2yr old, and i live with my parents and brother. (note that im only 20) everytime i tell my family not to do something with my son like give him candy or something no one listens to me! i'll put him in a time out and my dad will tell him to get up. im on my last nerve right now and have no idea what to do. i've tried talking to them but they don't give a sh*t. helpp!

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 1:19 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Um, move out! You're 20, more than old enough!
    Anonymous

• PLEASE DONT TAKE THIS AS A BASH -

THAT IS WHAT YOU GET FOR HAVING A CHILD AND LIVING AT HOME. MOVE OUT= END OF STORY.
    Anonymous

• Thats not an excuse. I moved out at 18 when I found out I was pregnant. Doing just fine. I am married now but I wouldn't ever raise my child in my parents house because they are like the parents all over again.. Move out if its that big of a problem to you, otherwise suck it up and deal with it. :)
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 1:32 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• set them down without him in the room and lay down the law.. he is your son mot theres.. i know grandparnt are to spoil them but thats only if the child leaves not if he lives there..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 1:35 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I went through this to a certain extent while my (now) husband and I were in college, and both lived in our parents homes. i finally had to sit my mom down and tell her how i felt. She listened and realized, because of our situation, she didn't get to be the "spoil him rotten" grandparent cause at that moment in time she was helping to raise him. There is no excuse to teach a child not to listen to his parent, even if you live at home.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 1:36 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Well....It is their house...their rules.....
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 1:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• This is a difficult situation......grandparents want to treat their grandkids like grandkids. I agree with the other posters....it's time to move out. That way, you can be the PARENT and your parents can be the GRANDPARENTS!
    4kidsandadog

Answer by 4kidsandadog at 1:56 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I agree that it may be time to move out, but I myself have been a bad situation where i couldn't except it wasnt with my parents it was with my sister and brother-n-law. My mom died and i didn't know my dad that much but anyway, there is only a few ways to deal with this, talk to your family, if they don't listen, then it's time to start coming up with ways that you can move out and you can have all say so in the disciplining your child and giving your child what you want them to have. It's hard but it's best, or you just tough it out and deal with it.
    Anonymous