Doctor appointments?

My son is 16 months old and his last checkup was at 12 months. After he had his checkup we went to the front desk to make an appointment and the nurse told us we didn't need to make one. They haven't called about him needing a checkup and every time I call and get forwarded to the head nurse I get an answering machine. I leave a message saying my name and phone number, my sons name, when his last checkup was and ask when his next checkup should be and I still haven't gotten a call back. They never gave me a folder that tells me all the shots he's gotten so I don't know if he should be getting shots. Does anyone know when shots should be? I know he got shots at his 5 month checkup, at 9 months, and then he had shots at 12 months. Are there 3 sets of shots or 4? What should I do about his doctor/nurses not calling me back?

bassyentihw

Asked by bassyentihw at 1:29 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If it's close enough, I'd go in there and confront them and ask why you haven't been called back. Or, if there's another option, find a doctor whose nurses will call you back. Or, keep calling until you get an answer.
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 1:33 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• The time for phone calls is past. You need to go to the office and ask for your son's immunization schedule. Then I would go to a new doctor...one that actually cares about customer service!
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 1:33 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Goodness girl, keep calln.. He needs some now i would say.. i cant remmeber cause my sh*ty doc is the same way.. PLUS they never give me crap for him eather..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 1:33 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• JMO if i can not get answer I would change doctors!
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 1:35 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I would change doctors but my son's on medicaid since he can't get insurance through my fiance's work and it says on his papers that I can only change doctors once a year. I had to change his doctor before because the medicaid assigned him a doctor that I didn't want him going to. That doctor probably would've been better than the one now though.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 1:39 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• They should be seen at 15 months, then again at 18 months.
    My dd is 16 months, she got shots at 15 months.
    chuggerboysmom

Answer by chuggerboysmom at 3:25 PM on Apr. 14, 2009