• In the Spotlight:

Has anyone had placenta accreta?

I was told that I have this. I am so scared and don't know what to expect. I was told they have to remove my uterus at the time of delivery, and have a blood transfusion. My husband cannot be in the room to comfort me and I will be put to sleep. I just want to know if anyone has gone through this and what the outcome was. Please, I can't seem to find anyone let alone someone who has even heard of this.

bjsgrl

Asked by bjsgrl at 1:34 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I never heard of that, prayers are with you though. Why do you need it done?
    IRA871

Answer by IRA871 at 1:36 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I have had 3 previous c-sections and have placenta previa (placenta covering cervix) the placenta is growing into my uterus and trying to detach it can cause me and baby to bleed to death. Thats why they have to remove the uterus.
    bjsgrl

Answer by bjsgrl at 1:44 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I am so sorry. This is a consequence of the new way the suture c-sections and it's not a risk they warn you about. I hope everything will be okay.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 2:01 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Ok, I had placenta privia with my son, and had to have emergency c-section with him, am sorry you have to go through it.
    IRA871

Answer by IRA871 at 2:11 PM on Apr. 14, 2009