If I start running or fast walking a couple miles a couple days of week now

do you think I'll be in decent shape by July? I'm not overweight (5' 9" / 125-130 lbs) but my butt and upper legs could use some toning.

Oh, and how do those of you who do this kind of stuff find the time and/or energy to do so? I was thinking of getting up an hour or so earlier, but not sure if that will kill me or not LOL.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I think you could be. Running and fast walking are good exercises and will help tone those areas. Also weights, if you can join a club and use the machines they have.

I teach fitness, so I am obligated, otherwise I don't know when I'd do it. I keep thinking that I might keep a TV in front of my ski machine at home and exercise while watching a favorite program. Getting up early didn't work for me- it just made me feel sorry for myself. LOL!

Answer by Bmat at 1:45 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Personally, I don't think walking alone is great for toning. I would add some jogging or some sprints here and there. Do some lunges and some squats too, those are great. You don't need weights if you're just trying to tone, but if you do those things plus the walking you'll probably see results faster.
    sw33t_blond3

Answer by sw33t_blond3 at 7:10 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• BTW, sorry I didn't see that you said running. It's late here ;)
    sw33t_blond3

Answer by sw33t_blond3 at 7:20 PM on Apr. 14, 2009