Are you really an expert?

I notice that alot of people on here act like they are professors. LOL. So now it is time to put up or shut up.

* What level of education do you actually have? Degree (High School, Communty College, Vocational School, University)

* What gives you religious expertise in your fielf of belief (years of study, books, internet websites, reading your Bible/other books)

* Who have you learned from? Whose teachings do you follow?

Let's just get it on the table . . .

No Bashing

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• sticking out tongue

Anonymous

• I'm an atheist. I need no certification.
    Anonymous

• Pagan here and I am always in the learning process so I am  no expert. I can only advise with what I have experience. But we definitely do not require a degree or certification. We rely on each others interpretations and experiences.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:49 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I am only an expert in my personal beliefs, and I don't claim to be one in any other area.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 1:49 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• i am the expert of not wanting people to shove their religious beliefs down my throat . you believe what you want i will believe what i want. so lets get it out on the table why are you posting anon?
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 1:52 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Though I consider myself educated, I am definitely no "expert" or professor. Still learning (about everything), and always will be.

Just because someone has impeccable grammar, a wide vocabulary and well thought-out opinions doesn't mean they are being pretentious!
    Anonymous

• No, I'm not an expert in anything. I do know what I believe,and Who I believe in, mainly because God's shown me over and over just how real He is,and that I made the right choice to choose to follow Him, live my life by His written word,and give my heart to Jesus. That's all the expertise I need. I don't need to be a Bible scholar to know what the Bible tells me. I don't need to be able to interpret it into 15 different languages to read it everyday. I don't need to be Billy Graham to be able to go to God in prayer. I just live my life the best I can,according to how I'm supposed to,and as others see what I have, the peace that passes all understanding,the love and unconditional forgiveness,the grace and mercy poured out on me everyday, the guidance that always leads me down the right way, they WANT what I have, as well. That's the best testimony and witness we can give. To live what we believe. Don't have to be an expert.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 1:53 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• BA - major was History and my minor was Religion and Philosophy. I study religion and spirituality all the time and have read extensively on many religions of the world, and I try to have at least a working understanding of all faiths and belief systems. I learn from the holy books of all faith traditions, and from books about religious/spiritual ideas. I'm not an expert by any stretch, but it's something I am very interested in, that I find fascinating and enjoy learning and discussing with others. Some questions I have answers for... and I also have lots of questions. I assume it's that way for most who are interested in these topics.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 1:57 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I've been to secular and christian colleges, only to realize that the professors did not validate me in what I know and do , but God does. Everything I am doing now in the ministry is not from being trained in some institute. It all natural gifts and talents that only God can give.  The educational institute only makes you legal to practice in the state which you live.

mommiejay453

Answer by mommiejay453 at 1:58 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I read a little of this and a liitle of that. Everything is a learning experience. I envy people who get on jeapordy and seem like real experts on stuff. I have a short attention span.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 1:58 PM on Apr. 14, 2009