HELP IM WORRIED

my sons 20 months almost. I swear were as cafeful as can be hes a bigger kid and tough as can be but he honestly hits his head several times daily. If its not headbutting the floor by a tantrum, its the coffee table, other stands, the kitchen table, and so on, its not light either theres usually always a bump/gooseegg. yesterday he bruised his corner of the eye bc he turned right into the stand. I honeslty have been considering a helmet. Can thsi cause brain damage or clots or anything like that??? I was suggeted his unbalance may be an inner ear infection, im not sure if its bc he was born with clubbed feet and they are still a little off so his balance is too? any help would be nice. maybe hes just clumsy but i fear major problems down the road.

mocamomma22

Asked by mocamomma22 at 1:51 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i would seriously consult your doctor
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 1:56 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• You need to talk to his doctor, but you also need to get his vision checked.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 1:58 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• my DD doesnt bump her head in tantrums, but she is really clumsy, its geting better tho. its normal for them to be clumsy, and run into things. but ask your doctor and he can tell you . when my DD does trhow tantrums, i just ignore her as long as shes not close to killing herself.
    trelyn

Answer by trelyn at 1:59 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• what does his pediatrician say? Kids are more resilient than we give them credit for being. I, myself sustained many head injuries at that age and was okay in the long run. My feet were also turned in so bad that they thought they were going to have to break them (though they didn't) and I did wear special shoes to help them and really it hasn't bothered my balance. Just watch for concussions and other signs that something just isn't quite right after a fall.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 2:00 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Please ask a doctor. If your child is injuring himself when he is upset, this may require more than just a helmet. His behavior coupled with his clubbed feet may indicate something more is going on here. Again...please, please ask a doctor. I would ask 2 doctors just to be sure.
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 2:31 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• OMg... my best friend had the same issues and now her daughter got tooken away from her!! thwey think she abused her child.. so i would really go talk to the doctor and find out a solution or you might be in the same problem.. good luck
    nesamama

Answer by nesamama at 4:15 PM on Apr. 14, 2009