Sperm Donors

Ok so I was just watching an episode of Law and Order where a gyno Dr. would impregnate his IVF patients with his own sperm. He was also a big shot donor at a sperm bank.
Can you imagine how many kids he has??

Sperm donors and men that sleep around A LOT could have hundreds of kids. What if these kids met up later in life and ended up getting together? Would it still be ok since they have no clue they are half siblings? Will their children have any problems?

Im NOT saying anything bad about women that go to the sperm bank to get pregnant. Thats great that you want to have a baby and are making it happen. I just think its weird to think of how much of the same sperm are out there and could be getting together. I dont know how I'd deal if I found out I was with my half-brother

The episode of Law and Order just fueled so much thinking, I just wanted to see what you other ladies thought about this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I've thought about this (NCIS had an episode where DiNoso got a call from the sperm bank from years back.) I've always been weird on the people I date but that was to do with adoption. I know I have other half siblings out there and the ages they are and so if I ever dated someone I'd make sure their siblings didn't match the ages mine would've been.
    It is kinda creepy to think you might be sleeping with your half sibling... *shudders at the thought*
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 2:22 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Who cares, I'm sure its rare. Anyways where I'm from if you are more than 3rd cousins...go for it.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:31 PM on Apr. 14, 2009