ibs and colon cleansers?

is it ok to do a colon cleansing even having ibs? i am so tired of going to the darn dr. everything they give does not help. i have been on at least 6 different meds, that dr doesnt help, the fleet enima doesnt help. the more i read up about this colon cleanse it sounds like what im going through cuz i can never go to the bathroom. like the outbreaks, being so bla all the time, no energy ever, always tired. im on happy pills which dont even help. so im wondering if doing this cleanse would help. i just dont know which one to get, they are a bit over price forr me, and i dont know if any of the over thje counter ones are good. i called a 24 hr nurse hotline and again they say not to use the cleanse system that it would make things worse and to call my dr. im tired of these darn drs, its always putting me on another lost cause med. PLEASE HELP. what would you do? i would really like to clean my system of any toxins.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Health

• I have IBS but frmo the sounds of it, I'm opposite you. I have no problem going, lol. The thought of cleansing myself out makes me cringe because I already go a lot.

I can't see how it would hurt...you're going to have problems either way. I don't take medication for mine...I just avoid the foods that I know are likely to trigger it. Someone I know has said to mix some vinegar (dunno how much though) with ginger tea or something like that. I would prefer something a little less nasty myself. When I recently had a colonoscopy I had to mix the Fleet phosphosoda with sprite and it worked like a charm...but I'm not sure if it's still on the market. They recently had some issues with people taking TOO much!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 2:30 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I don't have IBS but I have done Dr. Natura Colon Cleanse. I would recommend it. It never made me have to run to the bathroom. I still only went once or twice a day, however, when I went alot more came out. I know TMI but u asked ;) It has alot of fiber so you have to drink alot of water or you would get constipated. It comes with a tea which is like a natural laxitive. you choose how much you want to take of it. you start off steeping it 1 minute and go from there. I don't think it is something that will make you cramp up and run to the bathroom. I know 2 other people who have taken the product with good results. I will tell you that nothing came out like the pics..but I still feel it was beneficial.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:41 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Here's an article about foods that often trigger IBS.  I eat yogurt daily because it's about the only dairy I can stomach.  My flare-ups have decreased NOTICABLY.

http://www.quickcare.org/gast/ibs-and-yogurt.html

ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:37 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• you mean i will have to give up chocolate:( i did change my diet well im trying to. i need to see one of them drs. that help with the diets. i am so horrible at all this.
    Anonymous

• I have started taking fish oil caps twice a day and I can go in the morning no problem. I have been eating yogurt as well and cutting way back on fats. I make sure to not eat fruit alone, I eat it along with a meal. I cook most of my veggis, even lettuce gets wilted.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:56 AM on Apr. 15, 2009