Question for the married ones

I am getting married in a few months, and I am quickly planning a wedding. I have the dress, the location picked out. But ever since my fiance (we've been together 2 1/2 years) and I have been talking about it, he either avoids my questions, or answers them with completely ridiculous answer. (Like going to Mexico to get married, even though no one in his family can afford it) Even though I've asked him if he's having second thoughts, he swears he's not. I am getting frustrated with trying to plan our wedding by myself with him being completely uncooperative. I was wondering what other husbands were like about the whole wedding process. Is it a guy thing to just not care nor cooperate? or just my guy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• Most guys don't care to help and get frustrated being asked to help or their opinion. They also don't want you to be disappointed in a choice that was made based on his opinion. See if your mom or a gal pal can help. He just wants to put on the tux and show up! Good Luck
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 2:23 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• My husband was very interested in what was going on.....I thought they all were! LOL! I've never run into that. Maybe he doesn't want a big wedding?
    4kidsandadog

Answer by 4kidsandadog at 2:24 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• IT'S A GUY THING! NOT JUST YOUR GUY!

Answer by older at 2:25 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Men could care less about the wedding. He just wants you.
    Anonymous

• I think it's typical. Every question I asked my husband he would reply "I don't care."
    So after a few "I don't care" responses I just quit asking and did what I wanted. GL
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 2:28 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Mine said and I quote "Just tell me when and where to show up and I'll be there"
    Towards the actual wedding though I wanted him to have a say in the song we danced to and then one we left the ceremony with so he did in fact pick those two things out. The rest I did with my mom and a bunch of very loving and helpful women from our church. It's your day and you get it your way not his... Besides even if you try and force him to help it will just cause fights. If you feel very strongly on him helping you with 1 or 2 decisions tell him WAY in advance (it took DH 2 months to pick 2 songs)
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 2:30 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I wouldn't know my husband asked me what I wanted to do on Spring Break my senior year and I said lets get married. That was at 9:30 am and we were married that day at 12:32 pm.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:31 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• My husband and I divided the planning into jobs each of us cared the most about! For example, my husband couldn't have cared less about flower arrangements, reception menu or wedding favors LOL, but he DID care about the band we wanted to have, the reception location, and where we would be going on our honeymoon.

For things that required both of our input, I did the research and narrowed it down to 3 choices--any of which I was perfectly fine with whatever he decided.

So, I took care of all the "frills and flowers" details, and gave him carte blanch on the band, and the honeymoon (a month in Australia). Worked out perfectly, and we actually enjoyed the planning, had a WONDERFUL wedding day, and a FABULOUS honeymoon! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:35 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I don't think its uncommon for a man to be this way w/ planning a wedding, or w/ even getting stuff together for having a baby for that matter. They go w/ the flow, and say I don't care. My husband was helpful w/ planning our wedding, and put in his two senses. Its not that they don't care about the whole getting married thing, its just not that big to them as it is to us.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 2:52 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• just find someone else to help you decide. he will probably be on board with whatever you choose. my hubby picked our first dance song. thats it. oh and chose my wedding ring and wouldnt let me see it. that was sweet.
    BubbysMom208

Answer by BubbysMom208 at 2:53 PM on Apr. 14, 2009