Missed period but negative hpt and blood test

i have never missed a period in 35 years unless I was pregnant, i have a 21 year old,19,17,15, and 6 year old but my husband desires one biological daughter. The first day of my last period was the beginning of March and I am on a 26 day cycle, it is now April 14 and no period. i took a hpt at the beginning of April. I also had a blood test on April 10 and the nurse call me back on April 13 and said it was negative, but I feel pregnant, and my period is still m.i.a. Could i still be pregnant and maybe test to early. I am so confused with my body right now. Oh my doctor prescribed some provera for me but I am a afraid to take it until my body tell me something different. HELP SOMEBODY!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I take provera and I took it before I knew I was pregnant with my daughter and nothing happened. If your truly pregnant you wont start your period. It could be your age or the onset of early menopause, stress, change in diet, exercise or stress. You would be able to tell by now if your period was the beginning of March. Mine was the 22nd so I have to wait until at least the 17th to test.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:27 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Good Luck Dear, I'm in the same situation as you are. I've not had my period since Jan 20th but I've taken test over and over again. Every one says positive. I have a drs appointment at 8am tomorrow morning so we shall see what happens than.
    Jaydansmommy

Answer by Jaydansmommy at 3:04 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Don't take it without a good reason. Not mentruating isn't a good reason unless it's flowing but not expelling. In which case pills won't do a thing.

You could be pregnant or beginning menopause, let your bod do its' thing and don't be so quick to rely on docs.
    MizKizzy

Answer by MizKizzy at 3:41 PM on Apr. 14, 2009