How do I discipline?

My daughter is 13 months old. Recently, she had started to throw herself straight out on the floor and kick and scream/cry if I take something away from her she isn't suppose to have. I don't know what to do. I don't give in but I don't want her to think throwing tantrams like that is ok either..?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Send her to her room and let her throw her tantrum there.

Above all else...ignore it. If you react to it, she will keep doing it.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:50 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• My son did that till he threw himself on a tile floor. CRACK went the head but he was fine. So now he feels the floor before he throws himself down.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 3:02 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

I don't mean to laugh, but that is funny that he "feels" the floor now before having a tantrum...LOL!

yeah, don't give into it. When you give them a reaction they feed of off it weather it's positive or negative. Smile at her & tell her to let you know when he/she is done & let them flip out on there own. They will eventually learn that this behavior gets them no where.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:34 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Take her to a seperat area, Like a room that is seculded away from any attention. We use our laundry room. And leave her there till she is done, when she is done, ask her if she is all done throwing her fit and let her out, but the moment she starts again, take her back. This worked wonders with all my kids. They rarely throw fits, even my 21mo old... and when they do, they take themselves to the laundry room and when they are done, they let themselves out.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 3:37 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Ignore her. When my son throws a fit (15 months old) I say, "No, we don't act like that." and walk away. When he is done I talk to him and give him attention.
    ronisaurus

Answer by ronisaurus at 3:45 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I let my 15 month old girl throw a fit an cry.. i walk away from her then when she stops i pick her up and explain to her that we dont do that and i tell her i love her... she inderstand me cause sometimes i can give her a "look" and she will stop doing it. lol
    nesamama

Answer by nesamama at 4:10 PM on Apr. 14, 2009