I am looking to tone my arms, how many reps?

I am starting to do 5lbs dumbells, to tone my arms. I don't want muscle, just to tone them. My question is, how many reps do i do? And, how many times per week? Thanks ladies. Also, how long do i do the weights for? 10 Min? 15 min?

WifeyandMom71

Asked by WifeyandMom71 at 2:56 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Ok so you trying to get tone....
    what your going to want to do is still use your 5lb weights until eventuallly your going to need to move up slowly on the weight amount. I say about 3-5 days out of the week your going to want to do 3 sets of 10-15 reps, slow and control is the key! Now remember there are all sorts of ways to do arm weights & your going to want to do them all each to work all your muscles equally....Oh and if your up for it..push-ups work all the muscles in your arm , just thought i throw that in there...ok hope this helps & goodluck! P.S & dont worry you wont bulk up or anything just rememeber to stretch to longate your muscles!
    v_serenil

Answer by v_serenil at 4:24 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• i dont use weights at all.. but i do what i call arm thingyz.. LOL i dont know what u would call them, anyhoo.. i put my elbo next to my ear and bring my arm up and down leaving it net to my ear.. it really helps with the flab we get under there.. i do like ten or so a day.. i so dont want that hanging there when im older..lOL
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 4:05 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I've been using the Chalean Extreme program for just about a month. What I have discovered and what she teaches is that it is not about reps. Rather, it's about muscle fatigue. By your 12th rep, no matter what weight you are using, you should be barely able to complete the 12th rep. Contrary to popular belief, regular weight training for women will not bulk you up. I started using 5 pound weights doing bicep curls and have worked up to 10 pounds in just 3 weeks and I am by no means bulk. As the previous poster indicated, you will need to work all muscles in your arms in order to get tone and definition and you will need to mix it up.

Good Luck!!!
    Anonymous